Notary Public Appointment
Notary Public commissions are valid for four (4) years. The following requirements must be met:
• Must be 18 or over
• Resident or work in McCracken County
• Good moral character
• Capable of discharging duties imposed by law
• Cannot be a convicted felon
• Must complete Notary State At Large Application form and be approved by Kentucky Secretary
of State Office (Applications can be picked up at the McCracken County Clerks office or
downloaded from SOS website.
• Application must be signed by Clerk’s office before mailing to Frankfort
When you receive your notice of approval, you may then pick up your notary license at the McCracken County Clerk’s office. You will need the following:
A McCracken property owner willing to post a property bond of $100.00 for your notary (Cannot be owner of same property as the applicant). Property owner needs to be present to sign.
A notary bond issued by an insurance company in the amount of at least $100.00