• Both parties must be present for a license to be issued.
• The license fee is $50.00
• License is good for 30 days and can be used the day of issuance. (No refunds will be given for expired licenses)
• The license must be used within the State of Kentucky.
• There is no blood test and NO waiting period.
• You must show a picture ID which also contains a birthdate. If you are under 18, please see information below.
• If non-citizen of the United States, Photo ID is required.
• You do not need documentation of Divorce.
You must be 18 years of age to be married in Kentucky without parental consent.
Applicants 16 & 17 years old must have parental consent of both parents, a birth certificate and the license must be issued in the county of residence of the under aged applicant.
No one under the age of 16 may be issued a license unless they are pregnant and have a District Court Judge issue a court order directing the Clerk to do so.
First & Second cousins are NOT permitted to marry in Kentucky.
• Parents full names including mother’s maiden name.
• Social Security Number
• Name, Address, Birthdate, Race
• Previous Number of Marriages.
NOTE: THE COUNTY CLERK ONLY ISSUES THE MARRIAGE LICENSE. IF YOU WOULD LIKE TO GET MARRIED IN THE COURTHOUSE, YOU WILL NEED TO MAKE AN APPOINTMENT WITH ONE OF THE JUDGES BELOW.