• Both parties must be present for a license to be issued.
• The license fee is $35.50.
• License is good for 30 days and can be used the day of issuance. (No refunds will be given for expired licenses)
• The license must be used within the State of Kentucky.
• There is no blood test and NO waiting period.
• You must show a picture ID which also contains a birthdate. If you are under 18, please see information below.
• If non-citizen of the United States, Photo ID is required.
• You do not need documentation of Divorce.
You must be 18 years of age to be married in Kentucky without parental consent.
Applicants 16 & 17 years old must have parental consent of both parents, a birth certificate and the license must be issued in the county of residence of the under aged applicant.
No one under the age of 16 may be issued a license unless they are pregnant and have a District Court Judge issue a court order directing the Clerk to do so.
First & Second cousins are NOT permitted to marry in Kentucky.
• Parents full names including mother’s maiden name.
• Social Security Number
• Name, Address, Birthdate, Race
• Previous Number of Marriages.